- This event has passed.
Sue Lewis-Blake Workshop ‘Monochrome marks and the impact of colour’
26 Apr @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm£80
Making the Ordinary Extraordinary is a sequence of four individual DRAWING workshops designed to offer the possibility of building into a full course:
2. Monochrome marks and the impact of colour:
How have other artists exploited the possibilities of colour and/or monochrome in drawings? How can either approach enhance the representation of everyday objects in art?
- We will briefly discuss a range of examples in order to draw inspiration for personal ideas ahead of producing some rapid sketches. A range of objects will be provided from which to work.
- Demonstrations will be followed by an opportunity to experiment with more detailed compositions and techniques. Individual guidance and attention will be available as required.
What will be needed on the day?
- A limited supply of basic materials will be provided but those attending are advised to bring their own preferred range of media.
- Essentials would be a sketchbook or paper to work on, a pencil [preferably one HB plus one 2B and/or softer], eraser, sharpener, small paintbrush and pot for water.
- Coloured crayons and/or pastels plus some watercolour paints would be useful.
- If possible and you are happy to do so, please also bring two examples of your own work to discuss and evaluate – one that you are really pleased with and one that you believe to have been less of a success.
- If you wish to work on your own theme then please bring objects, images, sketches or starting points as appropriate.
Click here for more information on Sue’s Drawing workshops in 2018.
The cost includes refreshments and lunch. To make a booking for any of these workshops, please contact us at 01335 347425 or email us at email@example.com.
Gift vouchers are available if you want to book a workshop for a friend or loved one.