- This event has passed.
Sue Lewis-Blake ‘Mixing Media’
31 Oct @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm£80
Making the Ordinary Extraordinary is a sequence of four individual DRAWING workshops designed to offer the possibility of building into a full course:
4. Mixing Media
What does “mixed media” mean and how have other artists exploited its possibilities? How can we develop the notion of “drawing” by working in less conventional ways or by combining materials and techniques? How can we use these ideas to create a drawing that transforms a very ordinary object into something visually exciting?
- We will briefly discuss a range of examples in order to draw inspiration for personal ideas ahead of producing some rapid sketches. A range of objects will be provided from which to work.
- Demonstrations will be followed by an opportunity to experiment with a range of drawing media, papers and surfaces.
- We will also consider the impact our working processes can have on the outcome of an idea. [“Drawing with scissors”, working on pre-prepared surfaces or using wax resist to give just a few examples]
What will be needed?
- A limited supply of basic materials will be provided but those attending are advised to bring their own range of media.
- Essentials would be a sketchbook or paper to work on [a range of colours and textures of paper would be ideal; previously abandoned sketches and paintings make excellent backgrounds/materials for new work!], scissors, glue [pritt stick will do], a pencil [preferably 2B or softer], pastels and oil pastels if you have them, an eraser, sharpener, a few watercolour paints, brushes and pot for water.
- If you are happy to do so, please also bring two examples of your own work to evaluate in the context of media choices: one that you are really pleased with and one that you believe to have been less of a success.
- If you wish to work on your own theme, then please bring images/sketches/starting points as appropriate.
For more information on Sue’s workshops, please click here.
The cost includes lunches and refreshments. To make a booking for any of these workshops, please contact us at 01335 347425 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gift vouchers are available if you want to book a workshop for a friend or loved one.