- This event has passed.
Sue Lewis-Blake ‘Composition, Shape & Form’
08 Feb @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm£80
Making the Ordinary Extraordinary is a sequence of four individual DRAWING workshops designed to offer the possibility of building into a full course. Gain confidence whatever your current level of ability. The aim is to give you even more enjoyment and confidence whether a beginner or more experienced practitioner; they will broaden your awareness of what might be possible in terms of techniques with a view to invigorating your future drawings.
- Composition, Shape and Form
What do these mean and how have other artists exploited their possibilities? How can we make very ordinary objects exciting subjects by focussing on their arrangement on the page, their outline shapes and their three-dimensional form?
- We will briefly discuss a range of examples in order to draw inspiration for personal ideas ahead of producing some rapid sketches. A range of objects will be provided from which to work.
- Demonstrations will be followed by an opportunity to experiment with more detailed compositions and techniques. Individual guidance and attention will be available as required.
What will be needed on the day?
- A limited supply of basic materials will be provided but those attending are advised to bring their own range of media.
- Essentials would be a sketchbook or paper to work on, a pencil [preferably one HB plus one 2B and/or softer], eraser, sharpener, small paintbrush and pot for water.
- If possible and you are happy to do so, please also bring two examples of your own work to discuss and evaluate – one that you are really pleased with and one that you believe to have been less of a success.
- If you wish to work on your own theme then please bring objects, images, sketches or starting points as appropriate.
For more information on Sue’s workshops, please click here.
The cost includes lunches and refreshments. To make a booking for any of these workshops, please contact us at 01335 347425 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gift vouchers are available if you want to book a workshop for a friend or loved one.