Liz Wellby ‘Exploring Digital Drawing and Painting’
01 Apr @ 10:00 am - 02 Apr @ 4:00 pm£160
Exploring Digital Drawing and Painting – create digital work using Brushes XP on your iPad or iPhone.
Many of us use our iPads and iPhones on a daily basis, but may not understand the creative potential that we have at our fingertips. Apps such as Brushes XP can transform your devices into a powerful creative tool, enabling you to be creative pretty much anywhere with just a few taps on the screen.
I have tried a number of digital apps, but I find that Brushes XP to be the best; it is well laid out and in a short space of time you will be confidently navigating around the app, whilst exploring marks, colour and layers. We will begin with a number of stages and practical experiences, introducing the simple and then more complex elements of the app. We will also intersperse working on your iPad or iPhone with experiments of a more practical nature, allowing you to consider how using Brushes XP may support your own drawing and painting with your preferred media. This two day workshop is suitable for beginners and those with more experience.
All materials and equipment will be provided, but please bring along the following:
- a fully charged iPad or iPhone – download Brushes XP to your iPad/iPhone ahead of the workshop – £3.99.
- a compatible stylus – I pay £5 for mine from my local IT shop. (optional)
- an apron.
- pencil case and notepad.
- your sketch pad with images, sketches etc.
- take some good clear photos of some pieces of your 2D work that you are unsure how to complete.
- an A3 folder and newspaper – to carry wet work home.
- On the second day bring materials of your choice, eg acrylics, pastels, crayons etc, plus associated equipment, ie brushes, palette, paper etc; you may wish to use Brushes XP along with a piece that you have underway and are unsure of how to develop. (optional).
The cost includes lunches and refreshments. To make a booking for any of these workshops, please complete the PDF Workshop Registration Form and email or post to us. Gift vouchers are available if you want to book a workshop for a friend or loved one. For further information phone 01335 347425 or email us at email@example.com.
Gift vouchers are available if you want to book a workshop for a friend or loved one.