Janet Mayled ‘Still Life workshop’
08 May @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm£80
Still Life workshop:
Janet will talk about her work and methods and lead through her process to create a large scale still life painting using acrylic and pastel. I will bring a range of considered objects to create a still life on different levels to create a composition which will draw the viewer through the painting. Also considering colour theory and balance of colour to create a successful painting.
Resources and materials required:
• Janet will bring a range of objects to create a still life
• Tables to place a still life upon.
• Ideally if you have a large easel and an A1 board to work from otherwise tables large enough for the paper.
• Aquarelle Hot Pressed watercolour paper 76 x 56 cm (300gsm Range of sizes of watercolour and acrylic brushes
• Water pots
• Welled palette or you could use yogurt cartons or jars.
• Tissue for catching drips
• Range of acrylic paints primary colours, white and black. I use System 3 and Galeria but if you don’t have these specific brands bring what you have.
• Plate, palette or tear off palettes for acrylics.
• Range of colours of pastels and chalks
• Apron (not essential)
• Hairdryer (not essential)
The cost includes materials, lunches and refreshments. To make a booking for a workshop, please complete the attached Registration Form (Excel Registration Form – complete and email to email@example.com) or PDF Registration Form(complete and send to our postal address below, or scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Gift vouchers are available if you want to book a workshop for a friend or loved one. For further information phone 01335 347425 or email us at email@example.com.